I stumbled across this exciting new project on twitter, Watershed. A product of Rustici Software who are actively seeking 6 ‘leading-edge companies’ to adopt their new technology.
Jeffrey Hill describes WaterShed as a client application of the Tin Can API that demonstrates how end users can collect, retain and eventually share their experiences while they browse the web, using a bookmarklet.
What are Rustici Software interested in testing?
- Correlating real-world performance with learning/training
- Innovative uses of mobile learning
- Demonstrating training effectiveness
- Demonstrating effectiveness of different training methods
- Innovative uses of games/simulations in a training program
- Ways of showing the effectiveness of informal learning
- Consolidating data from many different learning systems
- Transferring data across different learning systems
- Blending the real world with the virtual world
- Capturing real-world learning events, not just what happens in an LMS
Everything on this list quite literally has the potential to positively impact on-line learning and training packages. Personally I cannot wait to see what comes from ‘Blending the real world with the virtual world’ which is something I have been part of in the development of the SLOODLE Tracker project which is integrated into my PhD research.
In the meantime its a matter of ‘watch this spcace’.